Custom Machine Assembler
Marine Travelift, Inc. - Sturgeon Bay, WI
The world’s first mobile boat hoist was conceptualized and manufactured in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, in 1945. Officially established in 1954, Marine Travelift Inc. has a long-standing reputation as a marine industry leader and is recognized for its tradition of excellence on a global scale. The company manufactures mobile boat hoists, marine forklifts, self-propelled transporters and other related marine lifting products with more than 3,500 units in service worldwide.
Full-time, 1st or 2nd shift, 40-50 hours a week
This position will be responsible for assembling custom machines including large boat hoists and other lifting equipment for marine and industrial applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install engines and compartments, pumps, tires, conduit and hydraulic lines, set pressures, etc. on very large equipment.
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Assemble and install parts, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto large equipment utilizing power equipment and wrenching techniques
- Drill holes for wires, hoses and small parts
- Position parts and subassemblies by using and referring to blueprints
- Complete small weldments
- Install various equipment accessories (decals, mud flaps, cameras, lights)
- Lift and stack completed subassemblies and parts
- Train and work in various areas of assembly in response to production demands
- Follow verbal and written work instructions
- Pay particular attention to detail to ensure that quality standards are adhered to
- Regular attendance required throughout the program and subsequent employment
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- Must have mechanical skills and/or abilities
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be dependable and take pride in the work produced
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Hydraulics experience is a plus
- Experience with heavy equipment is a plus
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Coverage
Paid vacation and holidays
401K benefit plan with company match
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified females, minorities, individuals with a disability, and veterans are encouraged to apply.